Tuesday, March 2, 2010

High School


So hitting your students is legal here and very much encouraged. It's something that I am getting used to that I should not. It makes them listen. Otherwise, they are a complete mess. Not that I agree with it......

Above is a photograph of the inside of my school. One of my classrooms is on the left and another is on the right. The classroom in the back right is a 3rd classroom I teach in. My last classroom is outside in a small building. This is my whole school. Approximately 150 students. When school starts they line up in forms outside, just like grades, and enter the building. The boys sit on one side and the girls on the other. They sing and have a prayer. Afterwards there is an assembly. This happens twice a week. It is quiet beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.